How to Change Your Password
When you're logged in to AdvicePay, you may change your password at any time!
1. Click on the top right drop down menu and select Your Profile.
2. Click Change Password, enter in your Current Password, New Password, and Password Confirmation. Click Save Changes
Passwords must be:
- at least 8 characters long
- contain at least one lowercase letter (e)
- contain at least one uppercase letter (E)
- contain at least one number (6)
- contain at least one of the following symbols only: $@!%*?& -- note that we do not accept these symbols: ^+()#~=`
Having trouble setting a new password?
One suggestion that may help is to enter a password that fits all of the requirements within a word processing program (or even in the browser search bar), then Copy and Paste it into both of the password boxes that you see. (This will help verify that both of them match, as it can be hard to tell when typing it in since we replace the characters with ******** for security reasons!)
We also don't always recommend that you use an automatic password generator, as they may not necessarily meet the above requirements.
What if I forget my password?
It's okay -- we all forget things sometimes! :) On our login page we always let you reset your password to get back in to AdvicePay:
1. Click the Forgot your password link at the bottom of the login screen:
2. Enter in the email on file for your account (this is the email your advisor used to when they set you up, or the email you entered if you later updated it manually in your account settings)
3. Click the Reset Password button
4. Check your email for the password reset link